Visitors to this year’s Labelexpo will see first-hand how a connected Esko and X-Rite Pantone ecosystem of automated workflow, color management, flexo platemaking, digital printing, and print inspection tools can deliver consistent performance and accelerate business growth.
The companies will lead a deep dive into all facets of labeling and packaging when the event returns to Brussels in September. “Visitors to our combined booth will discover how Esko and X-Rite Pantone are helping the packaging industry achieve consistent performance from concept to market,” said Jan De Roeck, Esko Director of Marketing, Industry Relations & Strategy. “Using demonstrations of the latest technology, displays and expert discussions, we will highlight how an end-to-end ecosystem of new color management software and measurement solutions supports digital workflows to increase efficiency, enhance sustainability, and drive growth opportunities.”
From booth #C60 in Hall 3 of the Brussels Expo, Esko and X-Rite Pantone will showcase their entire range of digital workflow solutions from design through production. Highlights include:
- Phoenix, Esko’s AI-based tool that unlocks planning and imposition productivity improvements, with a seamless interface between prepress data and production data in Esko applications.
- The award-winningCDI Crystal XPS 4835, utilizing UV main and back exposure to produce highly consistent digital flexo plates while minimizing waste.
- AVT Helios System, which automatically inspects printed labels or packages for defects and imperfections, delivering exceptional quality results and eliminating customer rejections.
- The latestEsko Softwareversion, which delivers a combination of prepress editing and cloud-based workflow automation solutions, now more integrated and connected throughout the entire prepress workflow.
- X-Rite eXact™ 2, the most connected and easy-to-use handheld spectrophotometer that can measure color across various substrates – including flexible film and paper – in a single device, while also verifying customer standards.
- X-Rite ColorCert® Suite, which works with Esko WebCenter, AVT’s Spectralab, and eXact 2 to provide printers an overall view of print quality and color performance in a single number score to confirm compliance with brand specifications.
- PantoneLIVE™digital color libraries for the creation and sharing of accurate brand color standards that are achievable across printing technology and substrates.
“Error and waste reduction has a direct impact on the environmental footprint of a packaging businesses,” said Jan. “As we are all looking to protect the environment in which we live and to safeguard it for future generations, we must reduce the impact of our operations on the environment. With sustainability and digitalization fundamentally altering how the industry operates, it is imperative that today’s label and packaging companies invest in digital workflow technology that enables them to boost efficiency, reduce costs and improve their overall productivity,” he said.
Jon-Michael McCartney, Director Print and Packaging, X-Rite Pantone, added: “The combined X-Rite Pantone and Esko ecosystem helps to streamline the design, prepress, formulation and production workflow with the sharing of packaging and color data to reduce errors and improve reporting.”
“With a digital workflow you can eliminate on-site press approvals, clearly define and share print requirements across a global supply chain, reduce waste and rework, save resources and support sustainability goals,” he said.
Labelexpo returns to Brussel from 11-14 September 2023 – visitors can join Esko and X-Rite Pantone at booth #C60 in Hall 3 of the Brussels Expo.