In this letter to customers, Jim Continenza, executive chairman of Eastman Kodak Company, explains the company position and the measures put in place to guarantee the activities in this period of emergency.
“Like many of you, we continue to monitor the status of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) as it impacts various countries around the world. Kodak maintains and frequently tests a comprehensive business continuity plan. Because of the preparedness for such a scenario, all Kodak teams are well prepared and understand their roles and responsibilities and are fully committed to maintaining a high level of service to you.
We share your concern regarding consequences for our employees, channel partners, suppliers and you, our valued customers. In response, we are implementing a variety of actions to protect our workforce and minimize risk across our global business operations, while continuing to serve our customers.
We want to share some of the protective measures that Kodak has taken:
- We are utilizing up-to-date guidance and recommendations from external resources such as the World Health Organization, the US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local medical professionals to inform our decisions.
- We have banned travel to high-risk areas and all non-essential travel. We also utilize a leading global medical and travel security service to advise on all planned travel for our service engineers and other critical resources.
- We are minimizing the risk to employees through education, promoting recommended personal hygiene practices and working remotely.
- Kodak is following governmental directives at our global facilities, including those in China, Germany, the US and Mexico. Regional practices include working from home, visitor screening for facility access, and workplace disinfection.
- We continue to evaluate our manufacturing and supply chain to optimize our business continuity for equipment and consumables. At this point, our manufacturing capacity and supply chain remain unaffected, but we will inform our clients if that changes in the future.
We will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation and react as appropriate. Please be assured that Eastman Kodak Company places the highest priority on the health and safety of our employees, customers and all our external partners”.