On the 18th of May, from 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM, Ferrarini & Benelli will take part in the webinar on i-Label, the project about smart packaging that is going to be introduced during the IOTHINGS exhibition in the IOTHINGSWEEK, from the 17th to the 27th of 2021.
Ferrarini & Benelli, along with Fedrigoni, the Italian Institute of Technology, VDGLab, OMET and ILTI supports the i-Label project, which is aimed at reducing the impact that packaging for fast-moving consumer goods has on the environment, leading to tangible results in terms of cost-saving, ethics and environmental sustainability.
The key components of the projects are:
- Developing innovative processes in printing, labelling and packaging, through linerless labels, without a silicone support that can, therefore, reduce waste as well as packaging and transportation costs.
- Manufacturing smart labels which provide information based on inputs coming from the outside (for instance, they can adapt the expiration date of a product to product-safety information), in order to make citizens more aware about environmental sustainability.
The smart label can provide the consumer with relevant information. For instance, when a package is opened, the label recognised this event through the opening of an electronic circuit inside the label itself. Moreover, in case of anti-counterfeiting checks, the label provides the consumer with a distinct code allowing to check the authenticity of a product through an app.
- Opening remarks
Luca Donelli, President of the Lombardy Energy Cleantech Cluster
- Introduction to the i-Label project
Sergio Veneziani, responsible for the project and head of the partnership
- Smart packaging inside the i-Label project
Antonio Iacchetti, scientific advisor
- Presentation by other project partners
Ferrarini & Benelli, Claudia Benelli | IIT, Mario Caironi | VDGLab, Vincenzo Di Giovine| OMET, Andrea Calcagni | ILTI, Arianna Scapinelli
- Photovoltaic films for the IoT
Antonio Iacchetti, Ribes Tech
- Printed electronics in the IoT future
Mario Caironi, Italian Institute of Technology
- Q&A session
- Closing remarks
Sergio Veneziani, Fedrigoni Self-Adhesives